Strategy & Business Planning
Helping businesses move from the meaningless pieces of paper that are so often derided, to a real business strategy. One that is recognised throughout the business, has genuinely gathered the best of inputs, and that everyone can identify with, especially shareholders, where all staff can identify their own role in the plan, and know how their own, their teams, and the company's progress will be measured.
As a process, this works for any business or organisation.
I bring added depth to businesses in the fields of engineering, technology, manufacturing; especially if operating internationally, with IPR/NPD/R&D.
Business Continuity Planning
Having led businesses that have suffered from fire, supplier bankruptcy, sabotage, product recalls, death of key personnel, IT failure, strikes, IPR challenges, etc., I have learnt the hard way that however well run a business is...
- There are always threats to its existence
- Many of these can be anticipated
- Many of these can be mitigated and insured
- Not to do so is reckless, and possibly negligent
- You can never insure the true potential costs
- thousands of business go under each year for "events outside their control" but which actually are in their power to manage.
A 1 day workshop with your board is usually all it takes to provide the tools to identify and manage these risks.
Businesses in the UK lost an estimated £13,800 each during January's snow days on average, a survey shows.
BS25999 presentation overview